Fanghua Kung Fu Centre Founder Jessie Zhao with Vice President of the International Wushu Federation Mr Glen Keith
Fanghua Kung Fu Centre Fanghua Kungfu Centre was established in Christchurch on 15th Jan 2012. Vice President of the International Wushu Federation Mr Glen Keith attended the opening ceremony and congratulated the establishment of Fanghua Kung Fu school. He said that Fanghua Kung Fu is the first school in New Zealand to teach traditional Chinese Shaolin Kung Fu (Wu Shu). After a year of rapid development, the school currently has 150 students: 70% of which are Chinese students, the remaining 30% made up of students from other ethnicities. The school has taken an active part in various community activities and helps to promote cultural exchange. In May 2011, Kevin and Patrick represented New Zealand in the Oceanic Martial Arts Competition which they received 3 gold medals each for their outstanding performance. In 6th November 2012, the students of Fanghua Kungfu School represented New Zealand in the 5th World Wushu Championships, and Kevin received the bronze medal. Fanghua Kung Fu was also invited by the Minister of Ethic Affairs to perform in the Banquet Hall, Wellington during Chinese New Year Celebration, Which received praise from Prime Minister John Key.
芳华武馆 芳 华武馆于2012年1月15日正式开业，国际武术联合会副主席并新西兰武术协会主席 Glen Keith先生出席开幕式并对武馆的成立表示祝贺。Glen先生在开幕式上说，芳华武馆是南岛同时也是新西兰第一家中国传统少林武术传授中心。同时也将芳 华武馆作为新西兰南岛国家队的培训基地，为2020年奥运会选拨武术人才。 2011年5月，Kevin和Patrick代表新西兰国家队参加大洋洲武术锦标赛，各取得3枚金牌的好成绩。 2011年9月，新西兰武术锦标赛 2枚银牌。 2012年的第五届世界杯武术锦标赛（中国黄山），是新西兰第一次派团参加最大型的武术锦标赛。芳华武馆的Kevin Zhang，荣获一枚铜牌。 芳 华武馆也参加了很多演出包括韩国文化节，City Council 组织的灯笼节，多元文化节，艾黎中文学校举办的中秋节，Holiday Programme，Kidsfest，基督城技术学院，基督城的圣诞大游行，其中规格最高的是2013年2月13日的惠灵顿议会大厦的演出，受到总理 John Key的好评。
Christchurch City Council rewarding Fanghua Students
Wellington Banquet Hall Chinese New Year Celebration Performance